Eysingahuis, Beetsterzwaag (NL) – Home of the first Lycklama Museum (1868-1872)

 

Eysingahuis, Hoofdstraat 46, Beetsterzwaag (NL)
Eysingahuis, Hoofdstraat 46, Beetsterzwaag (NL)

 

In 1856 – after the death of Tinco’s mother – he, his siblings and his father inherited the property. Ownership was transfered to Tinco and his siblings in 1862. By 1667, Tinco became the sole proprietor. This is the place he returned to in October 1868, after his voyage through Russia and the Middle East. He transformed the home in 1870 to house his staff (which includes his secretary Ernest Massenot) and his collection of artefacts that he had brought from his voyage. The collection was managed by staff member K.W. Wierda. On September 1, 1872, he closed the collection to the public and moved it to his home in Cannes. He sold the house in 1878.

(An extensive article on the Eysingahuis follows shortly…)

Advertisements

Musée de M. le chevalier T. M. Lycklama à Nijeholt : notice descriptive provisoire (2e éd.). Par Ernest Massenot (1871)

Musée de M. le chevalier T. M. Lycklama à Nijeholt - notice descriptive provisoire (2e éd.)

View document at source (Gallica/BnF)…

 

 

 

Description (BNF/Gallica…)
  • Titre : Musée de M. le chevalier T. M. Lycklama à Nijeholt : notice descriptive provisoire (2e éd.) / par M. E. Massenot,…
    Auteur : Massenot, E.
    Éditeur : impr. de P.-J. Leemans et Vanderendonck (Bruxelles)
    Date d’édition : 1871
    Type : monographie imprimée
    Langue : Français
    Format : 59 p.
    Format : application/pdf
    Droits : domaine public
    Identifiant : ark:/12148/bpt6k6524834r
    Source : Bibliothèque de l’INHA / coll. J. Doucet, 2013-75707
    Relation : http://catalogue.bnf.fr/ark:/12148/cb36065033m
    Provenance : Bibliothèque nationale de France
    Date de mise en ligne : 03/06/2013