Villa Lycklama, Cannes (at the current Boulevard Carnot)

Villa Lycklama - Chemin des Tignes Bld Carnot - 3Fi501

Ancienne Villa Lycklama (Escarras) - Plan régulateur 1884

Plan régulateur 1884 - Cannes - 1Fi135 - edited

1Fi135
Plan général régulateur (nivellement) dressé en 1884.
Sections C et D Petit Juas, Chemin de Cannes C Quartiers La Peyrière et Camp Long – D Terrefiau et Camp Long du plan cadastral Feuille N°108 (Archives de Cannes, see source…)

Ownership (work in progress)

  • xxxx-1866-1872: Etienne Forestier (villa then called Villa Bressane)
    • Occupied by the Marry family. Head of family: Dominique Marry (“cultivateur”)
  • 14/08/1872- 05/03/1881 : Tinco Martinus Lycklama à Nijeholt
  • 05/03/1881 – June 1887 : Foncière Lyonnaise
  • June 1887 – xxxx : Mme. Delemer
    • The former Villa Lycklama is acquired by Mme Delemer from the Foncière Lyonnaise for 80,000 francs (Reported in Le Littoral Illustré, 02/06/1887, see source…)

 

Advertisements

Eysingahuis, Beetsterzwaag (NL) – Home of the first Lycklama Museum (1868-1872)

 

Eysingahuis, Hoofdstraat 46, Beetsterzwaag (NL)
Eysingahuis, Hoofdstraat 46, Beetsterzwaag (NL)

 

In 1856 – after the death of Tinco’s mother – he, his siblings and his father inherited the property. Ownership was transfered to Tinco and his siblings in 1862. By 1667, Tinco became the sole proprietor. This is the place he returned to in October 1868, after his voyage through Russia and the Middle East. He transformed the home in 1870 to house his staff (which includes his secretary Ernest Massenot) and his collection of artefacts that he had brought from his voyage. The collection was managed by staff member K.W. Wierda. On September 1, 1872, he closed the collection to the public and moved it to his home in Cannes. He sold the house in 1878.

(An extensive article on the Eysingahuis follows shortly…)