In 1856 – after the death of Tinco’s mother – he, his siblings and his father inherited the property. Ownership was transfered to Tinco and his siblings in 1862. By 1667, Tinco became the sole proprietor. This is the place he returned to in October 1868, after his voyage through Russia and the Middle East. He transformed the home in 1870 to house his staff (which includes his secretary Ernest Massenot) and his collection of artefacts that he had brought from his voyage. The collection was managed by staff member K.W. Wierda. On September 1, 1872, he closed the collection to the public and moved it to his home in Cannes. He sold the house in 1878.
- About the house on Wikipedia (NL)…
- Record about the house at the Rijksdienst voor Cultureel Erfgoed (Dutch National Heritage organisation)
- Background on the house on “Stinsen in Friesland“(NL)
(An extensive article on the Eysingahuis follows shortly…)